Table of Contents:
The Factors That Affect the Size of Your Bankroll
How Much Will It Cost You to Bet for One Hour?
Studying the Fundamentals: Volatility and RTP
Know Your Goals
How to Maximise Your Bankroll
First off, you must learn to manage your bankroll. And to obtain this skill, you should memorise only three basic factors that affect your gameplay and the speed with which your coins are running out. Read on to learn more about them.
Figure out what slots you are going to play the most and the amount of money that is required for them. Can they burn $200 in a quarter of an hour or you may enjoy enough spins for dozens of hours?
- Do some research on the price per spin of the slot games you find interesting and estimate how much it will take you, say, to make a hundred bets.
- The speed at which you will gamble will hugely impact the speed at which you may lose the available money. Most players ordinarily spin the reels around 555 times an hour or so. If you can halve that speed, you will still have just the same fun but you could cut what you spend in half.
- The size of the bankroll will depend on the amount of money you place each time you spin the reels while playing slot machines. In other words, one does not need as much money to deal with the “penny” slots as they do with the “dollar” ones. The more one spin costs the fewer bets your bankroll can withstand and vice versa.
Besides following these recommendations, decide how long you would like to play slots you adore the most and make sure to make all necessary calculations in advance.
If you want to make your play more predictable, you need to learn about volatility and RTP rates. They determine not only your winning chances but also the potential duration of your gaming session.
- Volatility basically shows the level of variability in a game. Games, in which you win quite often but you also get relatively little money, are considered to have low volatility, while slots where a player wins seldom but gets bigger prizes, on the contrary, have high volatility.
- RTP is an acronym for “Return to Player”, a figure that shows how much of the money you invested is likely to return to you in the long run. For example, a machine with an RTP of 85% is likely to give back around $850 for every $1000 that goes into its slot.
So, let’s summarise the aforementioned info: expect to lose a lot within a short time frame if you intend to deal with a slot that has high volatility and low RTP; or prepare for quite boring and not so profitable gameplay if you choose a game with high RTP and low volatility.
Goals are important, so you must decide what you feel like getting from a casino. Is the aim to double, triple, or no less than quadruple your bankroll? Maybe, you just wish to stray away from the boredom of your daily routine?
Your goals determine the strategy you are to use. If you are pursuing large payouts, then be ready to bring as much money as your wallet is able to hold. On the contrary, for casual visits, when there is no need to make frequent and large bets, you can simply use some change you have in your pockets.
Okay, so you have set your budget. Now what should you do to play longer and win more? Below are a few common strategies to enjoy the best casino experience.
- Opt for those slots that offer more bonus games that allow one play longer (but win less at the same time). However, in most cases, such machines have a relatively low payback percentage.
- Take advantage of available incentives and promotional deals. Such promotions usually let you noticeably stretch your bankroll.
- Forget about using a credit card. Borrowing funds for gambling will do one no good. Should you be unlucky enough to lose any of your funds, you will also find yourself a bank’s debtor.
- Never try to recap your losses. Chasing the lost money will only make you lose even more. Composure is your best friend!
- Know your limits. Since It might be hard to take a hold on oneself after several hours of gambling, you can utilise certain services and functions offered by almost every online casino that has a licence. These include different technical instruments that allow for various restricting measures and help keep better track of the money you spend.
Never forget about the notorious fact that slot machines belong to the group of so-called negative expectation games, and even the most sophisticated bankroll management cannot change it. In other respects, they are strikingly fun and entertaining as long as one gambles using money they can afford to lose without damaging their own well-being.